Salt Lake City is reaching out to you to seek your input on a project in your neighborhood.
Salt Lake City will be installing the next phase of the University to Downtown bikeway. This section will be a simple, paint-only bikeway on East Central neighborhood streets.
The project is currently in design, and anticipated to be constructed late this summer.
What to expect:
- On 300 S (600 E to 930 E), the pavement will be maintained with a slurry seal.
- Once maintenance is complete, a new striping design will include one lane in each direction, a center turn lane, and bike lanes. This design improves safety for all roadway users, and will accommodate both current and future traffic volumes.
- Other blocks will receive pothole patching followed by bikeway painting and signs.
- Minimal parking changes.
- No physically separated bike lanes (e.g., no concrete).
Ways to participate and give input:
- Meet on the Street (in the shade).*
Get the project overview, look at details, and give us your input. Come to the meeting nearest you, or whatever one works for your schedule. We picked locations with nice, shady trees.
- Thursday, June 23 – 300 S at 800 E (south median), 6-7 pm
- Monday, June 27 – 1200 E median at Bueno (150 S), 6-7 pm
- Tuesday, June 28 – 300 S at 1300 E (northwest corner), 6-7 pm.
- Join us for a bicycle tour of the whole route! *
We will ride up the green route (less steep) and back down blue.
- Wednesday, June 29. Meet 300 S at 600 E, ready to ride, 6-7:30 pm. BYO bike, helmet, & drinking water.
- Find out more and give us your input online.
The website includes block-by-block drawings of the project, and an overview of the project’s history and public involvement to date.
- Or, contact Becka Roolf, 801-535-7274 / email@example.com
Your input is requested by Tuesday, July 5.
* People with disabilities can request reasonable accommodation with 48 hours advance notice. Accommodations may include alternate formats, interpreters, and other auxiliary aids. Please contact Christine Passey, Coordinator for Disability Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-535-7110, TDD 711.